Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, New Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone. I have never been big on resolutions since I don't keep them anyway, so why bother? But I decided that this year is going to be different, I am going to make resolutions that are realistic. Here they are:

1. I resolve to eat chocolate when I want and not feel guilty.

2. I resolve to do one thing each week for my health, even if it means just playing tag in the park with Caitlin.

3. I resolve to retain my faith, even when it seems impossible, even if it means forcing myself out the door on Sundays.

These are adapted to my life from resolutions that I found a few years ago written by Cheryl Mclary the author of The Commitment Chronicles. Her list was 25 items long and way too overwhelming for me, not to mention the fact that they didn't all pertain to me. So I read through her old list, and thought about what I want out of my life in this new year. I came up with these three that I feel are reasonable for me. We'll see if I have the will power to stick these out through the entire year. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Shannon Trunde said...

Sarah...Sarah...Sarah. How many times do I have to tell you 1) Chocolate is NOT something you should try to deny yourself...2) Don't make resolutions, subconciously you are setting yourself up for failure. Ironically I came across some resolutions that I made two years ago. HA HA the jokes on me. I didn't do anything and I gained weight.

I hope you all the best.

Shannon

Sarah Landa said...

Thanks for the advice Shannon darling, the thing is that I have never denied myself chocolate, now I just won't feel guilty about it. If I'm gonna cow up anyway I shouldn't feel bad about it while in the process! Loves~Sarah