Monday, January 26, 2009

I am a DORK!

Last night I spoke to a youth group at my friends church. She is the Director of Youth Ministries and had invited me to come speak. Several months ago there was a discussion regarding premarital sex and I, being the opinionated woman that I am, had lots to say on the issue. Foolishly I didn't go at that time, when I could have spoken with some sense of clarity. Then about three weeks ago she invited me to come speak about whatever I felt like. In her defense she was willing to give me a topic, but I didn't say that I needed one for sure so she let me wing it. Her mistake! I decided to give the message that no matter the speed bumps you encounter in life God is still going to hold you stronger than a seat belt. Unfortunately despite having plenty of time to prepare, I wasn't sure how to say what I wanted to say and what came out was a whole lot of bleh. I feel like a total nerd and the youth in her church are so polite none of them said a word. I am pretty sure that after embarrassing myself, and my Megan, that I won't be requested to speak again. From last nights discussion you would never know that I hold a Bachelor's in Communication! Oh well live and learn I guess, I am not cut out to be a Youth Minister. Now I know.

2 comments:

Shannon Trunde said...

I'm sure you did a great job.

Sarah Landa said...

Thanks Shannon, I appreciate your support, but trust me...It was not pretty!;) Oh well life goes on and there are so many other more pressing things to worry about. At least I tried.