Friday, January 23, 2009

Funny things Caitie has said...

Last night we had to go buy more cat food because my cat was starving-her food bowl had been mostly empty for an entire day! On the way home Ryan asked if I wanted a milkshake, as if that was even a question, of course I wanted a milkshake, so we went to the ice cream store got our milkshakes and headed home. Then Caitlin asked if we could watch a movie-"that everyone wants to watch". As it was Thursday and not our normal TV day, and a school night, my inclination was to say no, but what fun are rules if you can't break them every once in a while. Ryan and I were nearly silently discussing this suddenly very important decision when Caitlin said, "Hello! Is anyone going to AHKNOWLEDGE me?!" We of course started laughing and decided that a movie would be ok. Ryan was impressed with her vocabulary and use of a "big word" too which Caitie responded, "Mommy always says you need to ahknowledge someone when they are speaking to you." Duh Daddy. She just cracks me up sometimes, the things a 5 year old says.

When she was only 4- like that was so long ago- she woke up with a severe stomach ache, probably from acid reflux, at about 4:30 in the morning and in a really plaintive voice said, "Son a B, it just hurts so bad!" Again this was a moment of parroting things she heard me say. My favorite cuss word saying used to be "Son of B*tch" whenever I dropped something or hurt myself. I switched to son of B when she started copying the full word.

And finally the funniest thing I think she has ever said was when she was about 2 1/2 -3 years old. She was being particularly sassy and driving me a bit nuts so I asked her how old she thought she was. Her completely deadpan response was "I'm learning how to be a teenager."

I feel so blessed to have such and entertaining little girl in my life. She is so smart, sassy, and hilarious all the time!

2 comments:

Shannon Trunde said...

Oh my GOSH!!! She is so funny. You know you have a future sarcastic teen on your hands! Great use of a large word!

Amy said...

That's hilarious! I also completely agree with acknowledging someone when they're speaking to you....it's something I've been trying to get a certain someone to do for quite some time now. :-)