Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Thankful to be Employed
Normally I wouldn't post anything about my job because frankly I think that it is boring and a monkey could do it if a monkey had the ability to vocalize, but I am today because I am actually THANKFUL to still be employed. This morning the boss lady announced that our state agency needs to come up with 2.5 million in budget cuts and so 10 people from our office (out of 24) are being laid off as of October 31. Now to be fair they were all gonna get laid off anyway because we work seasonally, I take December off and most of them take anywhere from 3-5 months off. Unfortunately this morning an announcement was made that we're having a hiring freeze until JULY! So they are off for (relatively) good. It's a pretty scary time for a lot of folks and I am just thankful that my boss found it in her budget to keep me on year round so that I won't have to look for another job and I can keep my health insurance benefits- which is pretty much the main reason I work here. Also because Ryan works in retail and is paid on commission, now is not the best time for me to lose my steady income! So here's to having a job even if we don't love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hear, hear!
AMEN!!
Post a Comment