Sunday, October 26, 2008
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Well today was Ryan's 30th Birthday. I was more excited (as usual) than he was. Partly because I love any excuse to eat birthday cake and partly because he wasn't happy to be turning 30. I think he feels old. First he got up at 4:45am to take his boat out fishing. I have never understood the need to get up before the sun but that is what he likes to do so more power to him, then when he came home around 10:30-11am I made from scratch buttermilk pancakes for all of us and bacon for Ryan and his brother Matt. After brunch Ryan and Matt played American Rock Band 2 (Birthday Gift) on the X-Box while Caitlin and I went shopping to exchange an outfit that was incorrectly sized. When we finished shopping we all headed over to his brother Rick's house for the family birthday celebration. We had to hold it at Rick and Laura's because there were 20 people in attendance and there is no way we could have fit all of us comfortably in our apartment. Plus Rick has a Traeger BBQ thingy and so we provided fresh caught (from Ryan) salmon and Rick cooked it. It got VERY loud and plans were made for the upcoming holidays as well as vacation plans for next summer. A house boat for the "family" is appearing in our future from the plans made tonight. I am apprehensive about staying for seven days on a boat with 13 other people, even if they are the siblings and respective children. It will probably be fun, but we're gonna bring our boat to tie behind the house boat just in case we need an escape route. Over all I think Ryan's birthday was a success. It actually started last night when for the first time in nearly 10years I made his most favorite dinner for him. Pan seared *gag* medium rare steak, mashed potatoes-not from a packet! and onion rings. Now it's bed time and we're exhausted, so it must have been a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ryan!!! Sarah you are such a "good Wife" making your husband dinner for his birthday. Kudos to you.
Post a Comment