Thursday, April 2, 2009
Pleasant Plans
Spring is in the air, I have plans for a couple of girls weekends, and Caitlin was giving the all clear from the surgeon yesterday, so life is looking good again. Caitlin was in so much pain following her surgery and she kept losing weight and refusing to eat that I was starting to get really worried. That has all changed now because we started giving her pro-biotic and she got over what was apparently a very bad case of the stomach flu. Unfortunately she came down with the stomach bug right around the time that she should have been showing signs of recovery from the surgery and it set her back a week or so. Happily I can report that she is sassy as ever and eating again so maybe by the end of the week we won't be able to see every bone in her body. It's nice to be back to an ish-normal routine and to have plans with friends. The weekend following Easter I get to see my friend Becky again for the first time in about 8 years! I am SO excited about that. It's a sad state of our culture that she only lives about 3-4 hours away from me but I haven't actually seen her since she got married. I need to make more time to visit (in person) the people that are important to me. Facebook and blogging are great ways to keep up with the day to day happenings in everyone's lives but they just can't replace a hug and a smile. They miss out on the inflection in our voices and they can't demonstrate the feeling we share with those who matter. So I'm super duper deluxe excited to see her again. Then a few weeks after that I'm going to a "scrap-a-thon" with my darling Shannon. I love the idea of scrap-booking, but the reality of it doesn't happen very often. So on the first weekend in May we're escaping to the beach to lock ourselves in a room with pictures, paper, cutters, and pens. We'll eat junk food, listen to fun music, gossip, giggle and have a grand time. I can hardly wait. It's so nice to have something positive to look forward to again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am super excited too!! Can't wait! Life is soooooo busy here right now that I will REEEEEAAAAALLLY need that time when it comes!
Post a Comment