Thursday, April 30, 2009
Our 10 Year Anniversary!
So last weekend was Ryan and My 10 year anniversary. Not ten years married but ten years together:) I would love to report that we took a week off or at least a weekend off to go spend this momentous time together, but alas I am unable to say that. Financial and work constraints prevented the kind of celebration that I have been looking forward to for the last two years. Those stinkin' medical bills. Sigh. Oh well if given the choice of providing my daughter with a necessary surgery or going on vacation again, there still wouldn't be an option, Caitlin comes first. Always. Our friend Megan, who gets credit for introducing us, kindly pointed out that we're notorious for not celebrating on time anyway. And she's right- at our 1 year together anniversary we both forgot about it until a week later. I was really hoping to do something fun this year, and we did have a good day, just, as Caitie pointed out, not a very romantic one. We went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory with Caitlin, Chandra and Lucas, then Ryan and I went to the Air Museum in Tillamook and then took a really dusty gravelly road home and now my car needs to be washed. When we got home, actually back to Chani and Mark's house because Caitlin didn't want to ride in the car with us, Ryan got a call from our friend Phill asking if he could please spend the night with us. Phill and his wife had a bit of a loud dispute and they both felt it would be better for him to cool his heels somewhere away from home for the night. I really really wanted to say NO!! It's my Anniversary!!! but that wouldn't have been a good Christian response and it wasn't like we were gonna have privacy that night anyway. So we said fine but leave your fight at the door we don't want to hear any bickering. Maybe when I finish paying off Caitlin's surgery bill we'll leave her with Grammie for a week and go to Hawaii. In the mean time I will be happy with the fun times we have on day trips and love the life that I'm livin'. I definitely wouldn't have postponed Caitlin's surgery just so that I could afford to go on a vacation and whatever else life throws my way I'll handle and just be happy that I have a job, a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter and a loving extended family. The rest will come with time. And maybe some careful planning;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment