Saturday, March 27, 2010

My husband is not a very good girlfriend.

Earlier today I wrote this sweet stuff about Ryan because I was explaining some of his endearing qualities before letting it be known that as a girlfriend he stinks.

 Ryan is an incredible dad. He's dedicated, attentive, loving and all around wonderful. He takes Caitie fishing and to Daddy Daughter dances. He plays board games and basketball. He straddles the "man" world and the "little girl" world very well.  He really is a great husband too. He pays attention to me, he's caring, and willing to watch girly movies when I want him to and to get the hell out of my house to go fishing periodically. He goes to the store for feminine products and he helps out with the housework, he cooks most of the meals and still plays video games/rude word inducing basketball with the guys. Most of the time he's got a grip on what it takes to lead a balanced life in a house full of women.

Now I'm thinking about taking most of it back. I had an entire blog post written that I was just sort of holding onto for the day to see if I still felt the same way at the end of the day when my PMSing was in full swing I was tired and cranky. This evening after taking care of 3 1/2 year old twins and Caitlin all day, I was reading my friend Megan's blog and decided to read the latest post to him. He foolishly made rude comments about keeping a blog, so I had to read him some of the funnier posts that my friend Sara has written recently to show him that blogging is a good thing. I started talking about why I love blogging and that he just doesn't GET IT, and that cramping/bleeding/hormonal uproar is a serious issue and while I'm women are experiencing it we I should not be trifled with. My friend Sara on the other hand completely gets it. She wrote this funny tid bit that I was relaying to my husband while trying to explain to him why he's not a good girlfriend. That's when he really put his foot in it. He said that she should have PLANNED BETTER!!! As if buying a box of tampons immediately after finishing one period, so we're prepared for the next, is going to make everything all happy happy joy joy. Ugh. Even if we had an entire years supply stocked up in the closet, our husbands would inevitably do something stupid to piss us off we'd still find something else to be mad about. If we're not mad then we're probably in tears about something and that's gonna piss us off too. I told him that I was gonna tell Sara what he said about planning better and then I was gonna let her have him for breakfast. Because really, anyone dumb enough to tell a woman *who is in the middle of her period* that she wouldn't be having all the crazy hormonally driven symptoms if only she'd planned ahead  deserves whatever bad stuff they get.

1 comment:

Shannon Trunde said...

First off.
AMEN! I have to agree.Let's see them try to "prepare" for the unleashing of our hormones (bitchiness). HA like they could deal with the unholiness that would happen.

Second.
I think I am going to puke! Jeez luise I can tell you are in a "monthly moment" all the cutsie stuff, stick a gag in my throat!

I am glad you are all feeling better though! Love ya!