Saturday, March 20, 2010
I'm Better, She's Better, He'll get there.
So last week I posted all about the fun day I had, then I put Caitie to bed. Shockingly her tummy started to hurt as soon as I put her in bed. This is a common occurrence because bed= sleep and sleep = anxiety. What if she can't fall asleep? What if someone tries to break in her room? What if she gets hungry? What if...What if....What if.... Yes Caitie comes by her anxiety naturally because I believe a few weeks ago I was having similar 'what if' thoughts when I tried to close her bedroom door. So knowing how she's feeling, we went through our usually nighttime routine of calming the anxious nerves and she went to bed. A few hours later however she woke up and RAN to the bathroom. Then all hell broke loose. Actually I think some demons may have come in and set up residence in my daughters abdomen and then tried to break loose from there. It was HORRIFIC! It lasted three painful, gag inducing days for her and then those dreadful demons moved into my abdomen. Actually they started the moved to my body on the third day of inhabiting hers. That was also the day that I discovered that I am unnecessarily paying for after school care. You see, Ryan had to work and since I was 'home' and Caitlin was still too sick to go to school, he left her with me. He fed her breakfast, packed a non-perishable lunch and some snacks, and left a bottle of water on the table for her. Then he gave her the remote to the XBOX so that she could watch movies via Netflix's instant steaming and said be a good girl. So as I thought about how dying would be so much more enjoyable than what I was currently enduring, my six year old demonstrated remarkable maturity by not needing me at all. She not only took care of herself, she also managed to let the dog in and out to go potty, throw the ball down the hallway so the dog could have some exercise and give the dog fresh water. I suppose being there in body counts if I needed to direct her on the specifics of calling 911 but there is also the strong possibility that she could have handled that on her own too. Thank GOD that she was already on the mend by day three because I was pretty much non-functional all day that day. By the next day those evil demon spawn discovered that there was an uninfected inhabitant of our home and set up residence in Ryan's gut. Poor guy. He's still sick, but getting better. The lifespan of Satan's minions appears to be only three days, but ugh...what an awful three days they were! I'm sooooo thankful to be done with this and would not have any hurt feelings at all if EVERY SINGLE emesis producing bacteria/virus on the planet were to suddenly become an extinct species.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Isn't it just miserable?! I'm soooo glad that you are feeling better, though!
Glad you're feeling better! I hate being sick.
Post a Comment