Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back on my own computer again.

Well I'm connected to the outside world once again. Ryan hooked up our old desktop last weekend so at least I have easy access to the Internet again, even if my desk has been completely over taken with the monitor. When we disconnected the desktop I wanted to get rid of it completely and now I'm kinda glad that we kept it cause paying for a new computer would be annoying to say the least. Life is settling into a nice routine again, which makes me very happy. Caitlin is developing more confidence with her Spanish language acquisition each day and I am so proud of her. Ryan is working hard and fishing when he has a chance (which means at least every other Sunday and some Thursdays). I have been reading at lot (shocking right?) but I haven't been reading a lot of different authors. I decided to try reading everything that our library carries on just one author and then I'll move onto another. This weeks author is Linda Howard and she writes these really amusing romantic mysteries. So far all of the books have the same cookie cutter feel to them with regard to the plot, but the characters are generally so funny that I don't mind. Since Saturday I've read three of her books; Dying to Please, Open Season and Cry No More. I like that the heroines are able to maintain their inherent femininity and rely on the macho hero while still being strong, capable and honest. It helps that I'm not really looking for anything particularly engaging in my reading material, just rather mindless entertainment, and so far I haven't been disappointed.
This Thursday we have an appointment with a Pediatric Developmental Specialist to have Caitlin evaluated again. We had this done when she was still an infant- several times in fact because of her prematurity but then when we decided that since all was going well she didn't need to go in every 4 months. A couple of conversations with her kindergarten teacher regarding her "debilitating shyness" led to the decision to have at least one more appointment just to make sure that the shyness is a personality trait and not a symptom of a learning disability. The appointment is going to be interesting because it's broken into three consecutive weeks. The first with just the parents, the second with the child and any siblings and the third a follow up with just the parents again. I'm pretty sure that Caitlin's development-mentally and emotionally at least are right on track, but if there is something other than personality at work here I want to make sure that she has all the help she can get. So I'll keep you updated as we get information. That's pretty much it for now, we're into week two of the new year and I've yet to decline any invitations! Yay me.

No comments: