Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon

It was the annual 'girls night out' last night and I must say it was spectacular. I had a ton of fun going to see Twilight last year, again because it was the girls night, and while I didn't hate the movie, there were many parts that I was disappointed in. However, I was very happy with New Moon- I think that they did a much better job sticking to the story line. I liked the way that they used a narrative of Bella "emailing" Alice to explain the parts of the story that could only be told by the main character. Which is something that they really missed out on with Twilight. By the end of Twilight you were left wondering why Bella and Edward loved each other, and they didn't even mention Jasper's mood control gifts. With New Moon I thought the wolves looked a little too computer generated but I'm willing to forgive that flaw simply because they demonstrated the story so much better. This year's girls night was especially fun because there were more of us attending; Megan, Shannon, Jantina and me. We had the kids with us all day so I didn't feel like I was abandoning my child and not spending any time with her at all, but when the evening came I sent her away with her dad and zero guilt. Then we hit the theater, went out to dinner and hit the theater again. Of course this tradition of going to a movie twice in a row is one that I started in high school so the nostalgia always makes it more fun. I can hardly wait to read my cousin Amy's blog for her review of the movie. She is really good at giving very intellectual and articulate reviews of both movies and books alike.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, now I'm nervous to write my review! Sneak preview, though: I agree with you. :-) Also, that seeing a movie twice in one day idea is genius!