Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feeling Nostalgic

Caitlin is asleep and I have been going through photo's from the past six years of her life. Today she started the day by saying "Mommy, it totally defeats the purpose of me picking out my own outfit if you won't let me wear it." While that statement is true, it is also true that I wouldn't be a very good mommy if I were to allow my six year old to wear spandex shorts and a tank top to school in November. So after she fell asleep tonight I started look at photo's of the last few years and thinking about all the changes that have taken place. Some days it feels as though she was just born yesterday and somehow I when blinked and she grew up to this big sassy six year old. Then other days I am actually relieved that she is acting like a normal six year old with silly antics and wild ideas about what to wear to school. Here are some photos that I just love from the set that I was looking at this evening. She's just so pretty! What a lucky mama I am to have such a beautiful girl to smile at me every day.Caitie and Faith, roughly three years old getting ready to go swimming in their matching swimsuits.
At a "Fiber" Festival in Canby, loving the animals.These two are from a day trip we took up to the Mt Hood National Forest, I think this was Clear Lake, but it might have been Lost Lake. Either way Caitlin just wanted to "feed the fishies".

Meeting Lucas for the first time. Instant love and devotion to her new baby cousin, nearly three years later that hasn't changed.Hanging upside down is such a joyful past time, one usually only children truly enjoy.
Being glamorous was something Caitlin was born to do. I absolutely LOVE that she's a girly girl. Of course I may have to refer back to these pictures and this post when she's fifteen and "Nothing" looks good enough!

The reason that Chandra has always been and always will be Caitlin's favorite person on Earth....Chani created and then played the game of "kitties" with Caitlin. In fact she plays kitties with Caitlin almost every time Caitlin goes over to her house.
The look on her face is one that she still gives me-three years later. It usually is followed by something along the lines of "stop taking my picture already!"
Did I mention she's pretty? Fortunately her make up application skills have improved drastically in the last four years since this photo was taken. She can now apply lipstick, mascara (yikes! she's only six!) and eye shadow without any mistakes and without a mirror. Pretty impressive if you ask me, I can't even apply that stuff with a mirror!

No comments: