Monday, December 7, 2009

The last few weeks...

I've been an absentee blogger lately because my computer is on the fritz. It suddenly won't recognize the battery and only sometimes recognizes that I have the wall charger plugged in. To even further frustrate me it will sometimes turn on and then randomly (and without warning) just shut off. On one of the rare occasions that it has stayed on I was able to do some research that tells me it's probably a connection on the mother board thingy that needs to be soldered back together. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that and my car decided to take a week long visit to the mechanic so I can't even take my computer to the doctor. Oh well. I'm on here for the moment and I can always utilize the library for anything major. Just facebook and blogging are going to suffer for a while. As for what's been happening in our lives...Caitlin and I just got back from a weekend long birthday party at my God Daughters house. Alexandria wanted to have Caitlin come sleepover for her birthday but since my car is in the shop we had to stay for the entire weekend instead of just one night. Well if we wanted to attend the actual party portion we did. See on Friday night our friend Phill picked us up after work and drove us to their house because he works really close to our house and lives an hour away really close to Ally's house. Then Ryan had to work on Saturday until late so he came to pick us up yesterday when he was done fishing. I'm usually not ok without having access to my own transportation, but this weekend I decided to just let it go and have fun with the kids. The previous couple of weeks have been pretty busy which made it easier to just want to stay in one place for a while. I finished up at work the day before Thanksgiving and ended the day with an office wide football game. We're getting new office furniture so EVERYTHING had to come out of our main office and get moved into random cubby holes throughout the rest of the building which left a large empty room just ready for some fun. Then we shared Thanksgiving with my sister Chandra and her family and spent the rest of the weekend playing with Lucas. Last week while Caitlin went to school I went out running errands-taking the dog to the vet, taking Ryan's car to DEQ and DMV, Christmas shopping, taking my car to the auto shop and observing in an occupational therapy clinic. I have decided to change career paths and pursue a degree in Occupational Therapy instead of education. I really enjoyed the time that I spend in the pediatric OT clinic and I think it'll be a good fit for my personality and talents. Now I just have to take all the pre-req's and get accepted to the program. There is only one school in this area that teaches OT and they only accept 26 students per year....yikes! I'm confident however that I will be successful and I'm really looking forward to the challenge. As for what's coming up in our lives, this weekend I am going to visit my mom and I get to see my Aunt Natalie too because she's here visiting from the East Coast! Hooray! Then I'm just counting down the days until Christmas break with Caitlin. I have plans to make cookies and to listen to even more Christmas music and to go look at all houses with lights on and to drink hot cocoa and to watch Christmas movies and to really enjoy the season! I am super excited! Hope you winter months are treating you well and that you enjoy the season too!

No comments: