Friday, July 10, 2009

My kid shared her germs.

Whatever was I thinking when I taught Caitlin to share? Now I am sick. Yuck. I am hot and uncomfortable and cranky. I haven't really whined very much-mostly because I don't like to listen to anyone else whining so I shouldn't subject everyone to my whining- but this is the second day that I've gone to work with a 102 degree fever. Normally I wouldn't even consider going to work if I had a fever, however I used up most of my "leave time" this past week with Caitlin. First I took off last Thursday, then on Monday the daycare called and I had to leave to go get her, then on Tuesday I had to take her into the doctor for chest x-rays... Now I just have a couple more days of leave available and I have vacation scheduled for the end of this month. I would be happy to take it leave- without- pay so that I could stay home and sleep, but alas the boss lady said no. If I don't have the leave to cover my vacation I can just kiss it goodbye. Well that's not gonna happen. I missed my family vacations the last two summers because I was pregnant and then lost the pregnancies and used up all my leave time, so I am not giving up this vacation just because I caught a yuck cold. I will simply force myself to go to work and infect everyone here. Ha! That'll learn 'em! OK so that's a lot childish but I'm so sick right now that I don't even have the energy to read a book. I have gone to bed by 7pm the past two nights, I don't even make Caitie go to bed that early! I missed her last night of swimming lessons and don't even know if she graduated to the next level because I am so sick. This stinks. I had better have a lot of fun on this vacation or I am gonna be super P.O'd that I didn't just stay home and sleep the way I wanted too.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope you're feeling better! I hate being sick! It doesn't happen much now that I don't work in the public and my boys are not in public school. It's amazing how healthy you can stay when you take away that one element!! I thought about you when I was tubing last weekend! We should plan something together this summer, we might be camping at the coast sometime. Don't know yet. Still trying to coordinate it with another friend. It would be great if you could come too, though. Or maybe just a visit if you can't camp. Anyways, I will keep you posted. How far away are you from Doernbecher's?? Jamie is there with Kati. She had her second heart surgery. She is in picu Room 18 I think. She's supposed to be moved to her own room sometime soon. Love you, ttyl Becky