Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Camping is gonna be fun!
We're getting ready to go on a camping trip and for the what may be the first time in my adult life, I am actually excited about this. I worked for six summers as a "park ranger" before Caitlin was born because I like the idea of camping. I'm not so big on the reality of being dirty, or cold or uncomfortable. Working in a campground was good for me because I got the yummy atmosphere without having to sleep in tent. Then last year Ryan bought two cots that are as big as twin size beds (or pretty close to it) and actually comfortable because he and Caitlin love camping and they want me to go with them. I made the reservations for this years trip so I know that I will have, a) grass in my campsite, not dirt. b) Flush Toilets! c) Hot Showers and d) Warm weather. I booked us into The Valley of the Rogue which is an Oregon State Park-whom I have worked for since I was in college... We've been camping forest service parks before but the lack of amenities is a serious issue for me. I just don't like to be dirty. This park is in the "valley" so it'll be warm, it's along the river so Ryan can go fishing, it's grassy so Caitlin can play, and its got showers and flush toilets so I'll be happy. Its a win-win situation. Plus it's in an area of the state that we haven't really explored so it'll be an adventure too. Yippee! I am actually excited to go on a camping trip with my family:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'd actually go camping at this place! I hope you guys have fun!
When are you going?? Where is it??
Sounds like fun! Hope you have a good time! Do't forget the bug spray!!;-)
lots and lots of ice
Post a Comment