Sunday, November 30, 2008
"Water surfing" and Hit it Daddy!
Caitlin and I are in Newport for the next week and have been here since the day after Thanksgiving. We decided that since my boss reconstructed the budget and I get to have December off after all, that we would go visiting. First stop- Grandma's House! It seems that we never have enough time when we come to the beach to do all the things that we want to and to see all the people that I want to, so this week that's what we'll be doing. Our original plan was to just spend the weekend, since we had Thanksgiving with Ryan's family and Ryan had to work on Friday and Saturday. The only draw back to our new plan was that we would miss Ryan too much. Being a smarty Ryan solved that little dilemma by coming here Saturday after work, with the boat of course. This morning the sun was shining and the sky was blue- a real treat for us coasties. We took the boat out on the bay for a few hours of crabbing and every time we would start the engine Caitlin would giggle and say HIT IT DADDY! Sometimes she gets confused between our fishing boat and Uncle Rick's ski boat. While water skiing/inner tubing is one of our most favored summer time activities, I don't think she would like it so much in the middle of Autumn. Following our boating excursion we went to the beach for some fun in the sand and surf. Amelia, Caitlin, Becca ( my friend Traci's daughter) Ryan and I all went to Agate Beach to collect rocks and play play play. The kids were SO funny. They would run up to the waves, scream, giggle, run away and repeat. They did this process several times until a rather large (for them) wave caught them around mid leg and knocked the trio down, then pushed them toward shore. The looks on their faces were priceless. The weren't sure whether or not to be frightened so they checked out my reaction, and since I was laughing so hard I almost fell over, they decided that "water surfing" was fun. Cold but worth trying again. I kept trying to explain that it's called body surfing but I am not sure they ever actually caught on which is really just fine since the point was to just have fun and they did that. Being the super smart parents that we are, we didn't remember to pack extra clothes to change them into for the ride home. So Ryan gave up his shirt, and I gave up my sweatshirt and we got a blanket out of the car to wrap the third child in and then stripped the little munchkins naked on the beach so that most of the sand in their clothes could stay on the beach. The other two girls parents may think twice before agreeing to let their kids go to the beach with us again since they came home wearing only Ryan's and my shirts. It was a great day and the perfect beginning to what I hope will be a perfect mommy/daughter vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment