It was Birthday Party central in our family this weekend! Amelia's 6th Birthday was on the 11th, and the Twins (Gioia and Ian) 3rd Birthday was the 12th. Since the weekend before their birthdays was Mothers Day weekend, both parties were postponed until the weekend following. Caitie and I drove over Friday night to spend the night for Amelia's party Saturday afternoon, and then home again for the Twins' party on Sunday morning. We are pretty much birthday caked out! The weather was beautiful though for both sets of birthday parties and the kids had a great time. It was also one more reminder that my little girl isn't gonna stay little for much longer.:( She didn't whine or ask for presents for herself and she was a really big helper with the twins and their friends, and I wanted to cry and tell her to stop growing up. Well actually, I did tell her I wished she would just stay my little baby forever and she responded with
"That's not fair, YOU got to grow up!" When I asked her why she wanted to grow up, she gave me a "well duh" look and said
"Hello?! You promised me horse back riding lessons when I start first grade! If I don't grow up, I'll never get into first grade, and I want horse back riding lessons!" She was so serious when she said this that it made me laugh, I suppose it will be ok for her to grow up for
one more year.... After that I'd really like her to stop and just stay my little innocent angel. I don't have any pictures to share at this time from the twins' party because I didn't remember my camera and I haven't received any email pics yet, but here are some from Amelia's party and the bubble blowing escapade afterword.
Everyone LOVES pink Shoes!!!
Lucas won the prize for being the only one who DIDN'T have to get up and run during Duck Duck Goose!
Amelia modelling her new pink shoes and Hello Kitty shirt
Is that HANNAH MONTANA???
Grandpa is so cool!
Lets RIDE!
Everyone Blowing Bubbles in the wind:)
No comments:
Post a Comment