Monday, March 9, 2009

Surgery is Done

The surgery was a success. Ish. I think. What defines a successful surgery? I suppose the true determination will be when she's back to a normal diet and she doesn't have any more issues with reflux. For now however we'll judge it a success. It was apparently "text-book" so hooray for good doctors. Caitlin was and is a trooper and is currently resting pain free thanks to the morphine she's been dosed with. She's not particularly happy, but at least she's not in pain. She's sleeping off and on and at one point she woke up hungry. Unfortunately she's not permitted anything to eat until tomorrow. I believe that I am in for a sleepless night though because each time she wakes up she wants me to sit next to her and hold her hand... Which is fine but a hard plastic chair isn't conducive to sleeping. Oh well she's the one with a smile on her abdomen in the form of five incision points. I guess I can suck it up for a few sleepless nights. I have taken a couple of pictures that I will upload after I go home and get the USB cable. While right now Caitlin is (probably) mentally cursing us all, in the long run this should eliminate so many problems! And if I keep telling myself that over and over maybe I won't feel so guilty when she whimpers and grimaces because her tummy hurts.Thanks to everyone for all your love, support, and prayers!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went well. :-) Tell Caitie I hope she feels better soon!