
Caitie, Lucas and I just got back from the park where we played a rousing game of soccer and then had races down the slide. Now the kids are eating a "healthy" lunch of nuggets and apple slices with chocolate milk before going down for nap. Sometimes, ok most of the time, I wish that I had two kids of my own, but on days like today when Caitie and her "brother-cousin" play together I feel like life is good. I was reading a friend of a friends blog and she announced that she was pregnant with her second. Words fail her to describe her feelings on the matter, I am sure because she is so delighted. I am so delighted for her. It has taken months of therapy for me to get to this point, where my initial reaction is not one of bitterness and jealousy, but instead of happiness for someone else's blessings. I am happy today, the sun probably helps, but I am so happy to be able to enjoy having one beautiful little girl and one "brother-cousin" who play and fight like true siblings. (The fact that he just let me cuddle and rock him to sleep on my shoulder doesn't hurt either.) Here are some pictures of Caitlin and Lucas during our soccer game today. I tried to get her to put on more soccer appropriate clothing, but ultimately she is a girly-girl so a dress was the clothing of choice for today.



1 comment:
So I left a very lengthy message on your comment section ofyour blog and cannot duplicate it. nor do I have the time. sometimes this format frustrates me a bit. I commented with ease on Caitlins! oh well I will just have to call and talk instead. :)
Post a Comment