Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm givin' it a try

So my cousin Amy created a blog account that my mother forwarded onto me and I decided that its a great way to keep everyone informed considering the fact that I almost never respond to emails in a timely manner. Also I tend to repeat the same information several times a day on the phone to various people when I could in fact just write it all down once and be done. We'll see if the blog option becomes a reality but for now it seems like fun. Plus I think I should try most things at least once. Like "My Space". That was fun for about a day or two and it was a great way to keep track of what my friend Traci's teenager was posting to make sure that everything (online at least) stayed above board. Plus what a better way to ramble on and on about my family and people will listen? It's like group therapy. So here goes my first attempt at blogging.
I am sitting outside Caitlin's bedroom, as I do everynight while she goes to sleep-in her own bed!:), and I think that this may work. I am more likely to put it away after she goes to sleep unlike a book, which I will stay up reading for hours, and its fun. Now that I am pushing 30 years old I have to make sure that I do fun all the time or run the risk of becoming a dreaded BORING adult. Which really is quite amusing to think about considering that I have pretty much been boring forever having always been a homebody kinda gal. But really, I am going to be 30 years old soon so its about time to start being adventurous. Go out on a limb, try something new, eat wierd food and sing Karaoke. I am still open to suggestions on the wierd food option but I did try Karaoke at the company picnic that I organized yesterday. The party was a success and may deserve its very own blog, the Karaoke however does not necessarly deserve a repeat performance. I did it anyway and had fun taking the road less traveled. I might even try it again at my birthday party which will hopefully deserve its very own blog too. Well she's asleep so I am off to bed myself- Hasta.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sarah! It's so good to hear from you and I'm so glad you created a blog! It really is like therapy. Plus it's just a great way to stay in touch with everyone, especially when we all live so far away. Thanks for the puppy advice, I definitely need it. It's crazy how much I love her and how much she drives me insane at the same time. I look forward to reading more of your posts and I love your profile picture!

Shannon Trunde said...

Sarah! since when are you a homebody?! I know you as a shopping-body!! Who said thirty was thenew adult age? You only start being an adult when you stop being creative...and that is one thing that I know you will never stop!

Love ya!


p.s. You sang karaoke? I will definately need to see that repeated!!!!

Becky said...

Sarah, I'm so glad you are on here, too! Thanks for the email. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your life. I was going through old pictures the other day and have a bunch of you. It made me miss our friendship a lot. Even though I made a lot of stupid mistakes. Anyways, missing you and looking forward to hearing more from you. Ok, now I am rambling!