Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I need a maid.

I really need an open Saturday without my kid and without my dog and with a good girlfriend to keep me company so that I can clean my house. Now I don't mean I need to vaccuum my floors and clean the toilets. That kind of cleaning gets done regularly. Nope, I'm talking about the pull the refridgerator out and get on my hands and knees to scrub the disgustingness off the floor. And the pull the mini blinds off to scrub the built up dust and grime off of them. I'm talking about CLEANING my house. I really should follow the advice I give other people when they complain about their houses which is to go to the Flylady.net website to follow her cleaning schedule, but I'm impatient and a control freak. I want it done now! All in one day, not 15 minutes at a time. You'd think that by now I would have learned my lesson about letting go, but I haven't. I'm not going to let go and I'm booked on every Saturday between now and what feels like forever, so I'm going to keep being annoyed and cranky and probably continue to do nothing. Maybe someday I'll win the lottery so I can buy a ginormous house and hire a house keeper to clean it for me. Here's to wishful thinking:)

1 comment:

Shannon Trunde said...

Hey girl! I can appretiate that! What I do is one thing at a time a day at a time. I don't have any allotted amount of time to do any large grouped cleaning. Make a list, 5 items deep, and work on that. When you get the five done add five more. That way you get something done, your list isn't daunting or overloaded and you will feel successful. It is the only reason why I have no cobwebs in my corners and why my blinds are clean.
Good LucK!