Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hooray for October

The puppies in the new picture at the top are of my Aunt Carol and Aunt Julie's dogs from last Halloween. Chica and Daisy were forced to endure these little outfits and last night Caitlin informed me that she wanted to go to the store to buy Emily a Halloween costume. I'm pretty sure that Emily will eat any costume I try to put on her so I probably won't waste the money to buy a pre-made one, but I will definitely make something for her! I am really excited about Halloween this year because it's fun for Caitie. It's not my favorite Holiday, Christmas still holds that honor, but it's close. Probably because the kids get all excited about trick or treating and we make decorations and then of course the candy! I love Candy Corn and almost went to the store yesterday to buy some, but when I walked in I was assaulted with Christmas decorations and got mad so I left. Sort of dumb since I wanted candy corn, but the first thing you see when you walk in a store in September (even the last day of September) should not be Christmas decor! October is also my favorite month now because it holds the birthday spot for so many important people in my life...cousins, friends, friends kids, sibling-in-law, and of course Caitie and Ryan both have October birthdays. So while Halloween isn't as important as Christmas, October is as important as December! Oh yeah, I removed my playlist because a) I can't listen to it at work-it's too distracting. b) I can always log into playlist.com if I want to listen to it at home and c) I like to listen to it while reading other people's blogs and I can't do that when I follow the link from my blog. d) I figured most people have their own music to listen too and it's just one more step to go turn the music off of my blog when they want to read it and not listen to my music.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love Halloween, too. It's my second favorite holiday, and I love October since it signifies Fall for me. I put all of my Halloween decorations out last night (I had put some of them out about a week ago) and I absolutely love it. Also, I got Lizzie a bee costume last year that she was just adorable in, but she kept trying to eat it so I couldn't keep it on her for more than 5 minutes. But, boy, were those five minutes cute!