I haven't been posting lately because, well I'm lazy. I have grand intentions and then I get caught up in the everyday life and choose to go to bed instead of updating my blog. So here's an update:
1.) Caitlin starts Kindergarten on Tuesday- that is just ONE WEEK from yesterday! YIKES! She is still on the wait list for the Spanish immersion program, but it doesn't look like she's getting in, none of the kids on the list made it in.
2.) On Monday (August 31) we met with her ENT (Ear Nose and Throat Doctor) to recheck for the 50 bazillion'th time her left ear and were happy to discover that FINALLY it's healed! Hooray. Hallelujah!!! The granulation is finally gone, the hole in the drum is finally closed and her hearing is perfect. It's about time.
3.) Tomorrow we'll meet with the stomach surgeon because despite the surgery last March, she's STILL having reflux. Several times a day in fact she complains that "it hurts all the way up to here" meaning the base of her throat. Frequently we hear "it feels like someone is choking me" and my personal favorite "Mommy, I just tasted throw up in the back of my mouth- come smell my breath." Yeah Right kid that's gross, I'll take your word for it.
4.) Caitie is FINALLY consistently sleeping through the night in her own room and that means we'll probably be getting another dog soon. I'm both happy and not happy about this. I'm happy that she's no longer kicking me all night, or stealing all my covers and then kicking them off of herself and then trying to climb on top of me because now she's cold...but I'm not looking forward to potty training and long walks in the winter weather or cleaning up after another creature or vet bills. On the other hand Caitlin and Ryan BOTH really want another dog, and Caitie said "Wouldn't it be so cute if you got a puppy for my birthday and put it in a box with some holes?" Really when it comes down to it-I'm a sucker. Plus puppies/dogs are cute and they're fun to play with and I would probably get a lot more exercise because we live in an apartment and can't just let a dog go outside to run around and work off its excess energy.
5.) I'm ready to settle into a more normal routine again. We removed Caitlin from the daycare where she had been going since she was 2 1/2 at the beginning of August and have been schlepping the poor child all over the place for the last month to various family members for babysitting. I'm really done with that, as I am sure she is also. Now she'll go to kindergarten and then after school she'll stay on campus for the after school care program and we'll pick her up there. It will be much easier this way.
6.) I have a nearly irresistible urge to rant and vent about an article that I read yesterday on "Marriage Relationships" but this post is long enough and I should take a moment to compose my thoughts into coherent sentences before I just start spouting off the first thing that comes to mind. The article had a few valid suggestions but felt extremely slanted. I vented to Ryan in the car on the way home from the State Fair last night and thoroughly confused him because I kind of went off on a tangent about another (slightly) related issue and then came back to my vent about the article. I think men are missing the gene which enables them to properly follow a conversation that takes a detour from the main subject and comes back again....
Well there you go, a random update on our lives. Mostly Caitlin's life but that's typical-she's my favorite topic. I do have outside interests and and even occasionally act on them like last weekend when I went dancing, but I don't want to get into that stuff right now either because like I said before this post is long enough. Maybe if we're really lucky I'll post again this weekend or even later this week and give you an update about what I've been doing lately. Don't hold your breath though cause this Saturday is my 31'st birthday and I'm gonna need to celebrate.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow lady!! you have a lot going on! We will be praying for Caitie! Did I tell you that we are going to be at the Coast next week! It would be cool if we could do something together....I know you're working and everything but maybe the weekend? we will be there the 7th-14th. Let me know!! Love you! Becky
Woo, that is a lot! Good luck with everything you have going on! And might I suggest a potty-trained puppy... But I'm excited for you!
Post a Comment