Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Update on the Headband
I would have won my money on the Ogre issue. Caitlin was THRILLED to see me when I picked her up from school. She did not suffer any lasting ill effects from our morning disagreement and in fact she told me that she doesn't want to wear the "crown headband" to school any more because it doesn't have any "catchers" ie teeth to pull her hair back and is therefore uncomfortable. ARRGH! If she would have listened to me in the first place this wouldn't have been an issue. Ok I have officially turned into my mother with that statement. Lucky me I like my mother. Our evening together was uneventful and pleasant, just the way it should be. We tried to play some games together on Sproutonline.com but got discouraged when the computer kept telling us that the site was unavailable only to become available when we clicked the 'back' button. So we decided to read some stories instead. Now she's asleep and I am reflecting on what I could have done differently so that I didn't spend the day feeling guilty. Live and Learn I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't beat yourself up! You did fine! Like I said, kids have a very short memory and are very forgiving even if you don't ask for forgiveness (which I think we should, it shows our kids that we aren't always perfect or right!) I am glad you had a pleasant evening and remember that the older she gets the more she will trust your judgement the first time. Part of growing up is learning those things. Benjamin is 4 and I have to constantly let him figure things out for himself. I don't always do that, mind you. But it is good for them to a point. The up side is that you probably won't have the same fight the next day! :) You did good lady! Long winded, I know! I will stop now:)
I agree with your friend. You did fine. I know I would have at least taken the crown and put it on top of the fridge and said she couldn't have it, that it needed to go into time out. Kids do have a way of getting over these things rather quickly. Ally doesn't remember screaming at me that I am a liar when she got her shots. She asked if it was going to hurt, I said a little and apparently it hurt a lot. Just remember, take a deep breath and when all else fails just ask if they want it returned to the store? Always works for me. Good luck!!
Post a Comment