Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fun in the Park

So Caitlin is definitely "all better" and today was FUN IN THE PARK. Every year our town puts on a free kids day in the park next to our apartment and local vendors sponsor jumping structures, clowns, mimes, balloonists, face painters and temporary tattoo artists and a TON of other activities just for fun. Of course there are options to purchase services, sign up for new doctors and dentists and food to eat but all the activities are free and you can pack a picnic lunch if you don't want to buy pizza or greasy noodles. Caitlin and I took her cousin 'Little Luke' and wandered around. We went down a jumpy structure slide that of course Lucas was too small to go on alone so I had to go with him and when we got to the bottom I was VERY embarrassed to face plant trying to get off the thing. But it was either eat dirt or drop a 1 year old. So of course I ate dirt. We shared ice cream and Lucas knuckle bumped one of the vendors who was SO excited that he had to get his wife to come watch Lucas do it again and then reward Lucas with a pencil. After two exhausting hours (chasing a 4 yr old who is chasing a 1 yr old is too much!) Caitie and Lucas got tattoos and we went home.
Want a bite? Cake Batter icecream at Cold Stone is the BEST!
Sleepy little soccer boy
Pink is the most beautiful color after all....




I was ready for a nap and desperately hoped both kids would fall asleep so I could too... But alas Caitlin, the never ending ball of energy, didn't want to sleep, she wanted to color, then she wanted to have a sleep over. I couldn't really think of a better excuse to say no other than that I wanted a nap, so I said OK and invited my God-Children 5 year old Alexandria and 6 week old Matthew to come have a sleep over tonight. Their mom is driving them over as we speak. I am sure she agreed because she's planning on a restfull nights sleep since I'll get up with the baby as long as she has pumped enough milk. All in all I think today was fun and this evening will be too. Exhausting but fun.

2 comments:

Becky said...

It looks like it was a fun day! You should be exausted. Caitlin is so cute and looks a lot like you.

Amy said...

What?! When did Lucas get so big?!